Thursday, December 22, 2005

For Whom the Bell Tolls

You mention to a friend at work that you are going to have to replace your doorbell. The one in the house you just bought is nonfunctional. He tells you that he and his wife just bought a wireless doorbell and she doesn't like the way the chime sounds. He says that you can have it. He just wants it out of his house. You think, "I don't care what it sounds like. I just bought this house and don't want to drop more money on it right now and a wireless doorbell sounds cool."

Your friend brings it in and gives it to you. You open your new toy up and imagine how cool this will be. You notice that it takes a special battery. You say, "I suppose I will have to look all over town when this goes dead." Your friend says, "No, I'm sure Radio Shack will have them." You then lamment, "Great, I'll have to buy an over priced battery from Radio Shack."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?